2017 Parent Handbook
We welcome your family to Jordan Alexander’s Preschool Academy. Our school is designed to meet the needs of childcare in your area and to provide a quality program for all children, regardless of race, nationality, or any other basis. We invite you to stop by and see us at any time. As a partner in the care of your child we are always interested in your comments and concerns. Most of the policies governing the school are included in this handbook. Please keep it for your reference through the years your child stays with us.
We have designed preschool and daycare programs that incorporate the ideals of learning through experience for children six weeks to six years of age. The characteristics of our philosophy are as follows:
- Teachers are aware that each child has different needs and develops at an individual rate.
- The school provides each child with a loving, warm, safe and healthy environment.
- Teachers focus on the fact that children learn best by doing. With opportunities for
problem solving, decision making, and exploration.
- Teachers provide a variety of activities geared toward individual and group learning.
- The school has developed a program that enhances self-esteem through positive
- Teachers guide children in developing self-control through positive disciplinary
- Teachers provide children with a predictable yet flexible environment that allows for the
freedom of self-expression.
- Teachers respect the trust given by parents and work to establish positive
communications between school and home.
Hours of Operation
Jordan Alexander’s Preschool will be open from 6:45 am through 6:15 am Monday through Friday.
The center operates on a year round basis and enrolls children throughout the calendar/school year. In general, we observe New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day (and Black Friday), and a winter break (typically the week between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day). Parents will be reminded of these holidays prior to the date that they are observed. No tuition credit or make up days are available as the tuition structure takes these days into consideration.
We will close the building at 3:00 on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve to allow our staff to be with their families. When a holiday falls in the middle of a week we reserve the right to close the school additional days. Two weeks notice will be given for these closures.
Each September we publish a school year calendar to inform families of additional closures which we minimize for your convenience.